SQL Server Service Management and Administration
As organizations grow and become physical and logically diverse, the need for unified management and implementation standards becomes more important. This is especially important as more architectures move into private or public cloud environments.
This presentation will focus on the practical management of diverse architectures including:
- Classification and prioritization of Key Performance Indicators and Key Health Indicators.
- Configuration and implementation of routine maintenance and monitoring.
- Capacity planning and the identification of resource constraints before they impact application performance.
- Managing SQL as a Service
- Frequently seen technical issues and their diagnosis/resolution.
By applying IT Service Management (ITSM) principles to complex SQL environments, Database Administrators will spend less time putting out small fires and will be able to focus on the important planning and optimization of their environment.